Re: GT-5 vs VF-1

I just realized something, confirmed after a little googling... ther IS
something I'd give up by switching from the impressive GT-3/5/6/8etc....
all the great non-guitar algorithms that just happen to sound wonderful
with guitar, like the ISOLATOR...WHERE WOULD I BE WITHOUT THE "EMERGENCY"
PRESET? No, I'm serious. It's wonderful with guitar, as are many of the
vocal- and keyboard-oriented patches like Male-Female, Female-Male, Robot
Voice. Won't get any of those with a GT.

And yet, I am sooooo sick of worrying about MIDI cables, MIDI controllers,
my expression pedals, all of their cables, the freakin' power supply for
the MIDI controller. (Multiply times the number of rack units I want to
take to the gig.)

Maybe I'd just save the rack for artsy gigs where I have more time to set
up, and get a GT for the rock gigs where I have 10 minutes AT MOST to set
up on a tiny, poorly lit stage.

Speaking of rock gigs, have any of you ever used a Vortex in a rock band,
live? I find that many oif the patches that sound great in the living room
just disappear amid the bass and drums.

~Tim