Vortex, fuzz, Ted Killian's caramel ring mod setting Re: Vortex ina rock band

Thanks for your thoughtful and useful advice, Andy!
I appreciate your wisdom.

" if you mean playing with a "professional" pa "

I run my rig mono into an ancient tube amp, but yeah, I will try your
ideas. The factory presets do sound pretty nice, in a "livingroom" kind of
way, but yeah, I can see how they would need to be tweaked for the special
task of being heard over the drums and cymbals etc.

I find the same trouble with fuzz. It's great for solo gigs, but in a
band, somehow the waveform just gets lost in the cymbals, even when I have
the box set loud enough for infinite feedback. Funny, I can feel my back
getting pulverized by the sound from my amp, but I can't really hear it.
Not sure how Jimi got away with it, exceept that I am not going through a
painfully loud plexi Super Lead like he was. (LOL) Fuzz is a strange
animal. So is sound in general!

Now if I can get the Vortex to make Ted Killian's molten caramel ring
modulation, which was part of why I bought a Vortex in the first place, I
can die happy ;-)

With Gratitude,
Tim