Re: tuba loopage example/samples

On 28 mar 2006, at 18.02, burnett@pobox.com wrote:

> http://www.subscapeannex.com/tuba/tuba_1_26mar2006-mp3.mp3
> http://www.subscapeannex.com/tuba/tuba_2_26mar2006-mp3.mp3
> http://www.subscapeannex.com/tuba/tuba_3_26mar2006-mp3.mp3

That's interesting listening! Thanks for linking it up. (Enjoying the
music right now)

I have also noticed, in my own recording praxis, that the loop track
only can often sound good without any direct instrument being heard.
It can be like "following the footprints of something yet to be
defined" compared to "see someone take a walk" ;-)

> I've noticed stringed instruments as common looping inputs, but
> figured processed tuba was a little less common (although there's a
> talented trumpet looper here, a Brian McCune, who uses an EDP to
> great effect).

I haven't seen any one yet mentioning http://www.tomheasley.com/.  Tuba!

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen