Re: laptop vs echoplex

On 31 mar 2006, at 15.41, percu rama wrote:

> I have a (probably foolish) question for you. How stable is to play
> on stage with a laptop based audio system? (pentium IV (2g) 1 g ram
> m-audio 410 card)
> Nowadays, softwares like Ableton's Live provide numerous creative
> tools, but, can the software replace the stability of the old
> echoplex?

Yes it can, but that's no general rule. Stability of a laptop used
for audio depends on many factors, hardware and software as well as
how well you maintain the system. So it's actually not possible say
that it's stable in general. And speaking about hardware staying
power I would guess that an EDP outlives a dozen laptops ;-)

per