Re: laptop vs echoplex

hi Per
thanks very much for your help.
I think to use the laptop only for audio but im afraid for the possible
risk
of "livecrush"
I see yor page and ejoy veriy much , especialy the chart is very helpfull
my decision.
I hope the review of the boss mc 50 I dont found the user manual.
I apreciatte very much your words and please sorry my poor english.
Thank you

Pablo Rivas
Argentina

>From: Per Boysen <perboysen@gmail.com>
>To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
>Subject: Re: laptop vs echoplex
>Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 15:51:04 +0200
>
>On 31 mar 2006, at 15.41, percu rama wrote:
>
>>I have a (probably foolish) question for you. How stable is to play  on
>>stage with a laptop based audio system? (pentium IV (2g) 1 g ram
>m-audio
>>410 card)
>>Nowadays, softwares like Ableton's Live provide numerous creative
>tools,
>>but, can the software replace the stability of the old  echoplex?
>

>Yes it can, but that's no general rule. Stability of a laptop used  for
>audio depends on many factors, hardware and software as well as  how well
>you maintain the system. So it's actually not possible say  that it's
>stable in general. And speaking about hardware staying  power I would
>guess
>that an EDP outlives a dozen laptops ;-)
>
>per

Windows Live Messenger, la nueva generación de tu MSN.
http://imagine-msn.com/minisites/messenger/default.aspx?locale=es-ar