Re: Hidden tracks on cd?

It's so weird that CD-TEXT is so difficult to add into CDs.  Why it
wasn't a standard from the Red Book at the start is beyond me -- but
once people realized it and added it, why CD-TEXT isn't automatically
included in every mastering program?

I have precisely one commercial CD with CD-TEXT, Jeff Beck's "You Had
It Coming" (which is full of loopy material, btw -- and musically
strong -- strongly recommended!)

On 4/3/06, goddard.duncan@mtvne.com <goddard.duncan@mtvne.com> wrote:

> All CD players are not created equal, then figure in PCs & DVD players
>and
> the unknowns pile up<<
>

> the cd I just made, with audio after the last end-of-track marker,
>crashed
> the windows cd player. it's more trouble than it's worth.
>
> does anyone know of a cd authoring tool that lets you enter cd-text?
> cd-architect, oddly, doesn't. in fact, the only time I've done it was
>using
> a denon standalone cd-recorder.
>

> d.

>  CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>
>  The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user
>  of the e-mail address to which it was addressed, and may also
>  be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this e-mail you may
>  not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or any part of it
>  in any form whatsoever.If you have received this e-mail in error,
>  please e-mail the sender by replying to this message.
>
>  It is your responsibility to carry out appropriate virus and other
>  checks to ensure that this message and any attachments do not
>  affect your systems / data. Any views or opinions expressed in this
>  e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
>  represent those of MTV Networks Europe unless specifically stated,
>  nor does this message form any part of any contract unless so stated.
>
>  MTV reserves the right to monitor e-mail communications from
>  external/internal sources for the purposes of ensuring correct
>  and appropriate use of MTV communication equipment.
>
>  MTV Networks Europe

     /t

http://ax.to ......... extreme NY arts and music calendar
http://ax.to/tr ....... my secret little little...