Re: Guitar Preamps (Was: Guitars, Loopers and Filter Factory Queens)

I am happy to see that preamps are getting considerations; they are the
real heart of your sound and their qualities are not just the "sound" in
itself but also some very important characters that make you feel it is
an instrument and ...... blah blah...
I play electric guitar direct to effects since the beginning of my
musical life and after many, many preamps owned and tested, here is what
I use everyday: http://www.spl-usa.com/gainstation1/2272_in_short_E.html
After having found it I mailed my compliments to them and they did this:
http://www.soundperformancelab.com/Ref/luca_formentini_E.html
I don't endorse them, I payed for my Gainstation in full and wrote my
compliments after having used it.
I think this is a fantastic piece of gear.
Try to find one, play with its knobs and listen.
my best,
luca