best looper?

I'm new to this forum, and have learned a tremendous amount in just the
few
weeks I've been lurking.  I hope you guys can help guide me.  I currently
play in sort of a free jazz improv group -- I'm the designated "bass"
player
(guitar w/octave pedal), and I often get loops going to build up textural
rhythm tracks.  I've been using an old Akai Headrush, but it's quite
limited.

I've been looking at the EH 2880, EH 16-sec delay, boss rc-50, and the
someday-to-be-released repeater, which all seem to be in the same general
price range, but reading the specs isn't as enlightening as I could hope.
Also, its not really possible in Birmingham, Alabama to pop into a music
store and demo these things (and certainly not the ones that haven't been
released yet).

Between the 16-sec and the 2880, as best as I can tell, the 2880 seems to
be
a deluxe 16-sec delay (and perhaps the only reason to choose the 16-sec is
for the price).  The boss looks good, in spite of boss' best efforts to
market it as a shredder's buddy.  And the repeater looks good too, but it
may be more sophisticated than I need.

Help!