Re: Cooking a song

On 24 jun 2006, at 15.11, Thomas Rutgers wrote:

> I think it's a principle that's very common in almnost every
> composition, transforming motives and using them again etc...
>
> but what i'm looking for is people who do this live solo, with the
> help of live-sampling techniques...
> & by this way taking the "looping" idea one step further...?
>
> greets Thomas

Isn't that what we call "live looping"? For example Andy Butler, that
recently posted in this thread, likes to work with musical structures
in focus (as opposed to working only with "pure sound", with
"transition" or with "sheer attitude", "deconstruction"... or
whatever expressions different artists stick with). Another live
looper that comes to my mind is Steve Lawson; I just received his
latest album in the mail and he is as musically structured as ever -
producing multi thematic music with a fret less bass and a
Looperlative eight track looping device. The cool thing with Steve
IMHO is that he makes use of good chops (yeah, that WORD - here we go
again....) to twist the emotional side of music that is well
structured by theory, moulding it into something different.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)