RE: software or hardware???

the Repeater is only capable of 4 mono (or 2 stereo)
tracks at a time.  If that's all you need the Repeater
is an amazing looper IMO.  Sounded like you may have
wanted more takes.  The Repeater will do 99 loops but
only one at a time. (each loop can have 4 mono/2
stereo or even 1 stereo and 2 mono tracks)  Tracks can
also be decoupled from their stereo nature and
"slipped" back and forth in time.  FUN.

Mark