AW: EH SMM w/ Hazari

> My finding was that while all the features Rainer describes
> are present, somehow the whole thing is a bit unsatisfying.

Exactly my first impression...there are a few nice features, some of which
are not present in any other low-cost contemporary box (varispeed for
loops), yet there are some flaws which would've been avoidable and which
really challenge the useability.

The main flaws in my opinion:
1. Bypass works globally (as you already mentioned) and only as hard bypass
(meaning no way to have echoes trail on while you play on top of them).

2. Two footswitches simply aren't enough. They should've gone for at least
three (and a connector for an expression pedal which could be assigned to
any function like with the DL4).

3. No individual dry/wet control.

4. Having to hold a button for recording/overdubbing.

5. No real loop start/stop.

> Would you be able to do a looping show with just this?

I believe yes, you would, just the same as you would be able to do this
with
a DL4 or RC2 or something...but not as good as with a DD20.

> recording the second loop is possible, if you could cover the
> gap somehow while working the series of presses to erase the
> old loop. It's this that really makes the box unwieldy.

How do the competitors in that price range (e.g. Boss RC-20XL) work here? I
know that the DL4 is only slightly better to that regard.

> Further investigation (Rainer??) might reveal if it's
> possible to have the delay time sync to the loop length,
> obviously it's possible to tap in  a loop that fits the delay.

I don't get that question...as far as I understand, it's not some automatic
function. Of course, you can tap a delay tempo which fits to the loop, but
if you change the loop tempo, you'll have to change the delay by tapping a
new tempo...

        Rainer