Re: density

hm... I somehow disagree here, Bob:

most original music grows out of playing. So the question "what music
would I like to perform?" is useful but usually limiting to what we
heard before or to the sounds and playing techniques we are used to.

For me looping was much more a way to discover what comes out of
myself than a tool to "construct" what I had imagined.

of course, both ways are valid and usually blend together...