Re: OT: anybody dealt with tendinitis?

On Feb 2, 2008 11:20 PM, Jim Goodin <jimgoodinmusic@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've entertained acupuncture many times Per, what's your experience with
> that or did you tell me and I missed?

Got no experience with acupuncture per se. Except from practicing yoga
for some three decades now, which seems to be the same thing but
"applied from the inside".

But my ex-wife has been temporarily cured by the needles from
"ischias" many times. First time in China, when traveling. Half an
hour with the needles removed all the pain and she could walk again
for a couple of months, until the problem came back and called for a
new treatment. In her case, the pain makes the muscles stiff in a way
that makes it impossible to relax them by will. It's a Catch 22
situation - stiff muscles pinching nerves, thus creating a pain that
makes the muscles stiff. What the acupuncture treatments does then is
to force the stiff muscles to loosen up and let go of the bad
relationship with that particular nerve. In this case acupuncture
can't cure but it helps to get "normalized".

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)