Re: Wiring Troubles: 2 Loopers & A Mixing Board

On Feb 8, 2008 10:27 PM, holotone@gmail.com <holotone@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nothin'? Or did I just ask a stupid question?

Perfectly appropriate question - I just skipped over it on the subject
line since I have not been using a mixer (for looping) in many years.

> > I've been trying to solve this little puzzle for a couple nights now,
>and
> at long last turn to the hive mind to sort it all out.
> >
> > Here are the critical components:
> > Two loopers - A KP3 and Boss RC-50.
> > One 12 channel mixer, a Behringer Xenyx 1222FX, with two mono sends -
>One
> labled FX, one labeled MON - Upon review of the manual, they are
>effectively
> the same thing. Each of the 12 channels has two knobs that determines the
> amount of the signal being sent to either of the sends.
> >
> > What I'd like to be able to do is to send to either OR both of the
> loopers, as well as send back and forth between the loopers. I understand
> that I can return either looper to its own channel, but feedback becomes
>an
> issue when I use this method to send to each other via channels. Is there
> any way to accomplish the setup I'm looking for?

Kill the direct signals passing through the loopers. Set them to "all
wet" signal, ie only sending out the looped signal.

> > Further complicating the issue is the fact that the KP3 is stereo in,
> stereo out, while the send it self is mono - Currently I'm just using a
> stereo to mono adapter to "monoize" the signal before it hits the kp3.

How's that "complicated"? As far as I understand that's as good as
anything. If you want it in mono, that is. But if you want to send a
stereo signal to be looped by the KP you can use both mono sends and
bring back the loops into the mixer on a normal stereo track. You
could also look for a "sub mix" or "sub group" channel/output for the
send output.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen