Re: 3 x edp sync issue

phillip wilson wrote:

> I have 3 echoplexs all synched via the brother sync jacks

> however i have a problem...
>
> I his record on edp1 and record something...closing the loop incites
> sync correctly and all three show the correct loop time.
>
> if i then more to edp3 i can record multiply and jump between multiple
> pages of loops all very well and intime but often (but not always)
>
> edp2 sat in the middle there will begin ot act weird... the actual
> screen will got off apart from the loop number  and will begin to flash
> in time to the first pulse but loose all rational sync.
>
> if i record into edp 2 it will do so unsynced ending as soon as i tap
> record the second time, not waiting to finish rounding etc despite the
> fact that all 3 edps are set the same to round etc (not quantizetho as
> this seems to give me other headaches.
>
> anyone had this ? how did you get round it?

but what happens is that the 3rd EDP
will only be able to sync if the other two
are perfectly lined up.
If they're out in any way, their brothersync pulses don't
coincide.

Workaround is to use a different sync method.
Midi-sync is solid.
Beat sync was used  by Andre Lafosse when he used 5 edps.

Matthias once suggested using diodes to route the pulses,
...but I tried it once and it didn't work
...and Matthias forgot he suggested it.

andy butler