Re: OT: Vortex issue

cnovey@gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks a lot- is it possible to test these components while they are
>installed or do you just start replacing until you solve it? Or remove
>them, test, repeat? If you could lay some more info on me I am an eager
>sponge.
> Regards,
> Clifford
> Sent via soup cans and string.

As mentioned in another post, you generally can't reliably measure
individual components in an assembly, only certain operational conditions.

Some repair hints:
If you need to replace the opamp, first obtain a new one plus a socket.
Without skills and the right tools for desoldering integrated circuits,
don't try it; chances are you'll rip out the via's, i.e. the metal
'tubes' routed through the circuit board, connecting the leads in the
various layers.
Instead, using a slim cutter, cut the leads off the IC, then desolder
each remaining pin.  Feed the IC to the trash bin.
Clean the solder hole using twisted desolder braid. Don't use a solder
sucker, at least not a large one, unless you've trained a bit, as some
of those can actually have quite a suck, potentially ripping-out an
overheated via (because too much heat was applied).
Now insert and solder the socket.  Note the orientation mark, so you
afterwards plug the IC/opmap in correctly oriented ;)

Best of luck, mate

--
rgds,
van Sinn