Re: Mixers - Inquiry

I'll add in to the mix. Years ago it could definitely be said that firewire was the way to go, nowadays though USB2 seems to be holding up well. I use a 4 in/4 out USB interface that never fails me. That said, at home for serious recording I use an MAudio Projectmix, which connects firewire. The kind of mixer you want will vary according to the uses you need to get out of it. Some mixers allow serious soft control, through software control panels and that sort of thing, others simply send stereo signal to the computer and allow no control of the sound from the computer, others send individual pre-fader tracks, others send individual post fader tracks. The list of variables goes on and on. So if you could summarize what you want to use the mixer for, it can make it a little easier to recommend one.
Rafael