Re: Anyone here tuning guitars in fifths?

Yep — started tuning the xtSA with the NST about 4 years ago — CGDAEG — but took the precaution of adjusting the string gauges, which allows a bit of "bending" on the higher strings.

As for feel, no noticeable difference. Resonance I think is dependent upon the instrument. I did notice that the xtSA is especially resonant with a dropped-D tuning; the NST seems to a bit more resonant, but it could all be subjective.

Best,

Dennis

http://soundcloud.com/usrsbin
http://audiozoloft.com