Re: New Joni

> but here's my question - does anybody know anything else about her
>upcomnig
> new album with a VG-8 heavily featured???!!! This much i know: she has
>one,
> she loves it, and being an alternate tuning pioneer, she's waited years
>for
> something like this... I hear it will have some scary noises on it too,
> coutesy of virtual modeling...

I read about this in Roland's magazine. She reportedly has developed over
70 different tunings over the course of her career.  The VG8 simplifies
her performances considerably.

Whether the VG8 accurately models combinations of guitar construction,
pickups, mic placement, amps, etc. of course has been debated (though
to me the question is irrelevant).  But I'd say it's worth getting just
for the ability to switch between any tuning you like.  For example, make
a loop in standard tuning, switch to Crafty tuning to loop Frippy lines,
switch to your favorite open tuning for your hot slide lines, etc.

Paolo Valladolid