Re: Tony Williams...

>Lets all give some thought to the great work of one of the masters...
>
>Tony Williams.
>

>i know this is not exactly Loop-material... but it's somehow related..
>Tony
>died at 51 this week, of a heart attack , following gall bladder surgery..
>
>RIP
>
>thanks for defining the groove. thanks to Miles for grabbing him at 17 !
>
>Do a Loop for Tony tonight. I know i will

This is the saddest thing I've heard all week. 51 was far too young. His
playing on the Arcana CD of last year, with Derek Bailey and Bill Laswell,
showed that he was still an innovator.

Dave Trenkel, NEW EMAIL ADDRESS: improv@peak.org
self promotional web-site: http://www.peak.org/~improv/
"A squid eating dough in a polyethelene bag is fast
and bulbous, got me?"
                                     -Captain Beefheart