"Acid" from Sonic Foundary

Hi. I'm new to this mailing list, although I've been interested
in looping for awhile (David Torn being my initial and probably
still primary influence in this direction). I've recently been
doing some research into using a computer as a looping device,
downloading a myriad of demos of various sound editors, mixers, etc...

I ran across the following on the Sound Foundary www site
(http://www.sfoundry.com/Acid/default.html):

     Available soon from Sonic Foundryú!

     Introducing ACIDú

        a break-through loop-based music production tool from Sonic
Foundryú.

        With loop-arranging and editing, ACIDú gives musicians
unprecedented
        creative flexibility.

        Just imagine working with hundreds of ACID's cutting-edge loops or
bringing in
        your own audio samples to create custom music in minutes.

        ACIDú allows you to preview any loop before adding it to your mix,
        automatically matching the tempo and key in real time.
        Click-and-drag to easily add or delete loops. ACIDú allows
real-time
        changes to pitch and tempo to unlimited tracks (based on
        system RAM). Control the volume, pan, and effect envelopes for
each track
        to create a perfect mix between loops. To add the
        finishing touches you can apply multiple real-time effects with
DirectX
        Audio Plug-Ins.

My impression based on this brief description is that this is more
intended as
mixer for creating dance style loops, but I was wondering if anyone saw
this
at NAMM and knew if it had the ability to interactively record and playback
loops ala jamman/edp.

thanx,

jr

John Recker