Re: sp202/boomerang answer

>I need to get a Smart Media card for my Dr. Sample.
>Does anyone know which brand is best for the
>application?  Also, does the Dr. Sample accept cards
>larger than 4 meg?

AFAIK, you need the specific Roland cards for the SP-202. I bought a Smart
Media card from a camera shop whenI first got my SP, and it wouldn't fit,
the SP requires a card with the left corner clipped (looking at the side
with the contacts), and all the generic cards I could find had the right
corner clipped. Had to special order the Roland brand card, and it took a
couple of weeks, but the cost was actually a bit less than the generic
cards.

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org  : www.peak.org/~improv/

"...there will come a day when you won't have to use
gasoline. You'd simply take a cassette and put it in
your car, let it run. You'd have to have the proper
type of music. Like you take two sticks, put 'em
together, make fire. You take some notes and rub 'em
together - dum, dum, dum, dum - fire, cosmic fire."
                                            -Sun Ra