Re: Roland MS-1 (Yup)

yeah I know a thing you should'nt do:
experimenting with all sorts of flashcards.

I WAS a proud owner of 1 for 2 weeks.
Then I found someone on the internet with flahsram.
Visited the man: ms-1 replies: wrong card.
"-Wait" said the man: "have some more of these".
fiddled some with these thingies -"oops a modem", "wait, here this one
probably", etc.-
and suddenly: MS-1 dead.
Could'nt even get it into boot mode.
Diagnosis from serviceman: replacement of rom-bios necessary, which is
equivalent to replacement of the litlle mainboard inside.
costs: more then I paid for the little piece of gear (2nd hand).

just a warning ;-).

beret.