Re: Sitar Sounds out of a Guitar

There is also a studio trick that I read about some time ago and tried with
some success.

Take an acoustic guitar and lay it flat on the ground, soundhole up.  set
an E-bow on the A or D string, but detune the string so it is fairly slack,
and buzzes slightly as the e-bow vibrates the string.  then retune/detune
the other strings in sypathetic tune with the string being vibrated by the
e-bow.  You can move the e-bow back and forth to get the right amount of
buzz.  Add a bit of flange....

It was kindof a cheezy trick and a one-trick pony, but provided some
interesting textures.

later,

rich