Re: Simms up grade for EDp?

In general, most questions like these are answered in the echoplex FAQ,
make sure to check it out:

http://www.annihilist.com/loop/tools/echoplex/FAQ.html

At 3:22 AM -0800 12/29/99, George Washington wrote:
>I saw some chips on ebay really cheap, like under $16 for (4)4mb is this
>right. I know the manual says any chips will do , but it was written a
>while
>ago any new info?

If they meet the requirements they should be fine. That is, 30 pin simms,
4MB. They can be parity/non-parity, mac/pc, doesn't matter. They need to be
120ns or faster, but it is very unlikely that you will ever find any that
slow anyhow. (usually they are 60-80ns, I think 150ns were only available
before you were born. :-). Pretty much any 30pin 4MB simm is gonna work.
Takes four of them for the full upgrade to 198 seconds.

(there haven't been any of innovations in 4MB 30 pin simms in years, I
wouldn't expect any changes there. The PC industry moved on from those
quite a while ago....;-)

>Also I read thr interview with david torn on the LD site
>and he said his unit was had upgraded software and are there updates still
>avialable?

He has the LoopIIIv5.0 upgrade. That's explained in the FAQ too. That
software has been shipping in new echoplexes for a couple of years now. If
you see 'Loop 3' scroll by, followed by '5.0' when you turn the power on,
you have it. If you don't have it, you can buy it from Aurisis, send mail
to upgrade@aurisis.com.

>Has the shipdate for the new EDPs been found out yet?

They tell me new units are coming off the new production line in january.
All systems go!

kim

http://www.annihilist.com/  |