Re: S/N [was Re: AKAI HEADRUSH]

I haven't noticed any "hissing" with mine, but it does seem to be pretty
susceptible to overload distortion, particularly when looping bass. It
often seems that I can hit it with a harder signal from guitar or a
non-bassy synth sound and not distort, but then a comparitavely wimpy bass
signal (judging by the meters on my board) pushes it over into
distorto-land. Any ideas?