Re: MIDI Sequencers, computers and live acts

<<Do you know some hardware sequencer which has the ability of being
programmed from the computer???>>

Sam,
    I now use a Roland MC50.  It's not very large (the footprint of a
laptop), and can handle any midi messages I want to store.  It works great
and has never failed me in a live situation.  A few laptops (Apple and
WinTel
both) have gone a little "la la" under the bright lights however.  The
Alesis
MMT8 is reliable but is much more limited in what it can do.
    The MC50 controls my Sp-808, 2 Korg X5DR's, a Korg NS5R, a Korg D8
digital multitrack, a Digitech Studio Vocalist, an Akai S01 Sampler, a
Roland
JS30 sampler, a Zoom ST-224 Sampler and my Yamaha ProMix 01 (I love
watching
those little faders moving around all on their own!).  I play along with
my
main keyboard, a Korg T3, a Korg Prophecy and my two guitars-an Epiphone
6-string bass or my Alvarez classical.
And vocals, of course.  I use any or all of these later unmidi-ed
instruments, including vocals with my loopers: two Akai Headrushes and a
DOD D
imension 12.
    One of the best things about the MC50, I think, is it's ability to
slow
down to 10 bpm.  Which is perfect for the slow-moving ambient backgrounds
usually try to laydown first.

Cheers,
    hawkeye