Drum machine for loops

Hello all--
I just started receiving this list and it's very interesting.  My question concerns using a drum machine triggered by MIDI clock.  I'm using the Jamman, Cakewalk on a laptop, the GT-3 and the PMC 10 foot controller, as well as an SR-16.  Well, the drum machine changes kits, not patches, thru program change and that isn't what I need.  What drum machine would you recommend at that price point ($150) which does change patterns thru program changes?
By the way, does the Oberheim respond to MIDI?  I wish the Boomerang did . . .
Gary