R: "Loop" interacting with the rest of the music.

I completely subscribe this, Mr. Rev. Doubt Goat.
Well said !
And, anyway, I think the best technique is the one you have forgiven.
I falled in love with looping mostly because I haven't seen any cloning
risk
in making something born  from your hands accepting not to have a complete
control of the situation.
This  creates something deeply yours. Maybe it could be associated to
unconsciuos acts: something that you have done without sure intention... It
goes harder and harder trying to explane this in english.
I mean that often my big fights are trying to forget a pentatonic scale or
not to think at intervals while I am playing.
If somebody plays and thinks afraid to make mistakes, he will never explore
the inside deep of things.
I love to listen to my girlfriend playing with my gtr without knowing
anything about it, her loops are really fascinating. Maybe she listens more
freely than me to the sound she makes, so they really make "sense".

Great,
Luca.