Re: Sampling copyrights

At 10:57 AM 4/26/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Anyone know what the current fair use for samples is?  Last I knew it was
something
>like 2 seconds and under was acceptable and longer samples than that
>needed
>credit/permission, etc.

i've been told the "2 seconds" law is pretty much a myth.  if it's
recognizable, it's stolen.  tweak it so it sounds new and it's yours.

=         M  a  r   k      C  h  r  i  s  t  e  n  s  e  n          =
=     Cramped Quarters Studio / Jasperpottamus Music Publishing     =
=                  internet: murkie@middlebury.edu                  =
=          http://www.middlebury.edu/~mchriste/murkie.html          =