Re: OT: Audio CD-R vs. Data CD-R

>In that case, I'm just speculating that somewhere there's a shareware
>program
>that burns a such flag into a "data" CD-R, making it usable in an
>audio-only CD
>recorder.

After this, I'll shut-up on this topic.

My speculation is wrong.  Reading this FAQ -
http://www.fadden.com/cdrfaq/faq07.html#[7-1] answered my question.
------------- quotation follows ---------------------
There is no difference in quality between consumer audio blanks and
standard
blanks from a given manufacturer. If you have a consumer audio CD
recorder, you
simply have no other choice. There is no way to "convert" a standard blank
into
a consumer audio blank. See section (5-12) for notes on how you can trick
certain recorders into accepting standard blanks.

Sorry for my previous mis-information...

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com