OT: Cheery Charles

Hi All,

I just had a thought...(oh, dear me!  he's thinking!)
Due to the fact that the LD list is the first i've ever been on, i'm not
sure if this is correct or not.

If i unsubscribed, yet i still have the LD address
(Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com), could i not just send messages that
you all would receive, but i wouldn't, since i had 'unsubscribed'?

Everyone's input as to the mental state of Mr. Tyrer (maybe Mr. isn't an
appropriate if he's a child, which i suspect...) made me wonder if he had
already unsubscribed, but decided to send nasty posts just to irritate the
community, but didn't have to suffer the backlash.

...planting the bomb and leaving the scene...

his post regarding the instrument he played this morning made me realize
he's still getting messages, but it would be feasible wouldn't it?

Ok, here's the on topic question for our yet-to-be-seen Repeater.

They say that once you capture the loop, you have control over Tempo and
Pitch.  Is this real-time?  Ala Roland's Variphrase?  It seems like you
would have to have alot of horsepower to record the loop, have it playing
and then adjust pitch or tempo on the fly (Roland says that you have to
'encode' the sample with their proprietary system before you can manipulate
the samples in real-time with the Variphrase).  Also, is it doing
time-stretching?  If i decide to change the pitch, does the tempo change,
or is the loop still locked to it's original length?  If i change the
tempo, does the pitch change?

I really like the idea of the Boomerang update, with 'musical' speed
changes, but it seems that you have to stop the loop, change the speed and
start again.

I wonder how the Repeater is going to do it?  I think it would open up a
pandora's box of harmonic possibilities if you could capture 4 loops and
then start changing pitches into 5ths, 7ths, octaves and such, yet still
keeping the loop length locked.

Another dreamy question...Synching two (or more) EDP's seems to be a very
sweet setup...Can two Repeaters be synched via the midi ports?

rich