Re: Looper Construction Kit (was Re: 1U PC for Kyma)

> is this a money making venture?
> it seems to me that your entire market may be the four
> or five (?) kyma users here on this list...

I thought I'd give it a try.  Mostly to finance buying more Kyma
parts/accessories and encourage more developement.  It has taken me about 9
months of work to write this stuff so it has been quite an effort.  Some of
the Sounds are handy for non-loopists and, if I make it cheap enough, maybe
my market will be bigger that you five Kyma users.  :)  (Four, if I don't
count myself.... :D )

> are user defined microsounds interpreted?
> i am still crawling with the kyma, but i am a software
> developer (windows) and do intend to dig deep into
> the system...

Microsounds are little chunks of DSP assembly code.  Kyma provides a great
framework for stitching these together.  My Sounds look and behave just
like
the standard Kyma Sounds.  So far I've got about 20 new Sounds and I'll
probably have at least 5 more.  This doesn't count my examples which are
built from these Sounds.

I think it would be great to have more Kyma developers!  I encourage you to
dig into this!  If you don't know it already, I'd read up on Smalltalk as a
good beginning.

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com