Re: Jimi

Yes,loop based music predates Hendrix.
Yes,It was a sweeping generalization meant more to provoke thought and
contemplate origins then define or limit anyone.
   And especially,I'm speaking as an instrumentalist who uses
electronics to expand his vocabulary.I don't think its possable to
imagine either guitar playing or guitar effects evolving as quickly as
they did or in the way they did without Hendrix.Furthermore I don't
think music and technology would've come together as quickly in the
popular imagination as vital emotional expression.
 So just as it's possable to play Jazz without knowing Armstrong or
thinking he was valid.And,It's equally plausible we would have come here
anyway by some other means. That's not the way it happened on this
particular planet.We are swimming in  water others have waded in first.I
don't think one can consider David Torn,Bill Frissell,Terje Rypdal,Nels
Cline,or Gibson's interest or ability to sell the Echoplex without some
acknowlegdement of Hendrix.
PEACE
Scott