Re: Lexicon LXP15's...

>> From: Mike Biffle <Mike.Biffle@asml.com>
-- I really loved the detailed way I could control my LXP15 delays with cc
control... It's such a big, heavy box though that I grew tired of having
it invade my otherwise tidy rack. I may still end up with another one
though because it was such a friendly and deep user interface. Great
balance between simplicity and complexity... great verbs too...

> Agreed and how, I have a 15 in my rack (sits at the bottom!) and really
>get off on being able to tweak the delay length, then go in and add some
>reverb or take it away or notch it up a few semi-tones. That machine is a
>real sleeper. Have you had any experince with the LXP-15II. I read
>somewhere that it has a much longer delay than the 15?

I've had both... 2 LXP15II's and 1 LXP15. The only real difference is the
faceplate changed - and the mix ratio on about half the patches. Same
stuff, just a more performance oriented slant on the II's and a cosmetic
facelift. My second LXP15II seemed like it had more artifacts and
zippering than the first, which really bugged me. It was seriously abused
in the shipping though... that's about the only thing I can figure. I
still might get another one. They go for a pittance of their original
price now...

-Miko