Re: Klein questions for klein, and guitar players

Jeremiah,

Sounds like grey business if you ask me! Rosewood sounds different than
maple or a composite. Same with basswood vs. Korina, the sound is very
different. Adding a trem should run the price of the trem plus labor.
Labor should not be any higher that $200 for such a task. $1300 to add a
transtrem is a person jerking your chain, and hoping for a sucker on the
line...

Be Well

Will Brake
Soul Fruit

George Washington wrote:

> Hello Loopers,
>
> I have some questions that you nice sages might help me tackle
>
> I was thinking about getting a Klein guitar but soon after I
>
> played one (and fell in love with it) I found out that their is
>
> a ten month waiting list. So I thought about having Ed Roman of
>
> www.world class guitars build me a copy. I told him I wanted a
>
> Klien that has a rosewood neck, because the one I played had one
>
> and he told me that rosewood didnt do anything but raise the
>
> price and went on to suggest that I should get one of his
>
> composite necks that have been formulated to sound like wood.
>
> The klien that I played was also made of basswood and Ed said
>
> that kind of wood was inferior to a something like korina which
>
> is his suggestion. Ed also told that the addition of transtrem
>
> would raise the price 1300 Dollars!? Can that be right for a
>
> tremelo?
>
> Thanks in advance reply on or off list which ever you feel to be
>
> appropriate.
>
> Jeremiah

begin:vcard
n:Brake;Will
tel;cell:248-763-1103
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.soul-fruit.com
org:Soul Fruit
adr:;;2900 Rochester Road;Royal Oak;Michigan;48073;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:wbrake@home.com
title:http://www.soul-fruit.com
fn:Will Brake