Re: sp 202 issues

>i've never really experienced fidelity issues with the
>202. my issue has been that in trying to create longer
>samples (30 seconds plus) it might record it, but
>eventually play back would fuck up about half way
>through a sample, and continue looping the place where
>it got stuck, plus sampling quantization noise etc.

For whatever it's worth, I've never had that problem with mine, either
recording to the internal memory or to the smart card. I regularly record
really long samples to the card without any glitch.

>now that the price is coming down, it really can't be
>beat for the price. but they seem to be fragile. i
>would suggest that anyone really try one out before
>buying it used.

Agreed. It's a pretty limited piece of gear, but can be had for cheap and
can be fun if you can live with its limitations.

Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org
New & Improv Media
http://www.newandimprov.com
Now available: Minus: Dark Lit