Re: sp 202 issues

Phil,

Ever consider the notion that you may have a failure with your unit? It
is possible that the reliability issue is a bad solder connection or
failed piece of circuitry. I've been repairing gear for a few decades
now and have seen about every possible failure. The majority seem to be
a function of a failed solder connection. Be it the connection itself or
the component further down the path. Just my two cents...

Be Well

Will Brake
Soul Fruit

Dave Trenkel wrote:

> >i've never really experienced fidelity issues with the
> >202. my issue has been that in trying to create longer
> >samples (30 seconds plus) it might record it, but
> >eventually play back would fuck up about half way
> >through a sample, and continue looping the place where
> >it got stuck, plus sampling quantization noise etc.
>
> For whatever it's worth, I've never had that problem with mine, either
> recording to the internal memory or to the smart card. I regularly record
> really long samples to the card without any glitch.
> >
> >now that the price is coming down, it really can't be
> >beat for the price. but they seem to be fragile. i
> >would suggest that anyone really try one out before
> >buying it used.
>
> Agreed. It's a pretty limited piece of gear, but can be had for cheap and
> can be fun if you can live with its limitations.

> Dave Trenkel : improv@peak.org
> New & Improv Media
> http://www.newandimprov.com
> Now available: Minus: Dark Lit
begin:vcard
n:Brake;Will
tel;cell:248-763-1103
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.soul-fruit.com
org:Soul Fruit
adr:;;2900 Rochester Road;Royal Oak;Michigan;48073;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:wbrake@home.com
title:http://www.soul-fruit.com
fn:Will Brake