Re: gig spam and question about playing outdoors

> hey I will be playing my first outdoor gig tommorow in Bloomington, In at
> 5:30pm . I will be playing regular guitar and guitar loops done on the
fly.
> My question is, what are the acoustics like outdoors. i have only played
> indoor gigs? Need mroe volume?

Hey Denis!  Have fun at that gig.  Wish I could be there!

Yeah, probably more volume will be necessary, depending on where you are.

Things I've noticed outdoors -
1) Hard to read the LEDs on my EDP.  More like impossible.
2) Ambient noise can be greater.  Especially wind noise in mics and traffic
noise.
3) Cool echoes from buildings.
4) A wireless connection can be way cool.  Particularly when you stand
across the street from your speakers and stuff.

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com