Re: gig spam and question about playing outdoors

>Hello,
>
>hey I will be playing my first outdoor gig tommorow in Bloomington, In at
>5:30pm . I will be playing regular guitar and guitar loops done on the
>fly.
>My question is, what are the acoustics like outdoors. i have only played
>indoor gigs? Need mroe volume?

Outdoor acoustics are generally great. I love not having to deal with
room reverb. Of course, that's not always the case, I once played an
outdoor festival in a park across the street from a large glass and
steel building, the whole gig had a 2 second acoustic echo that was
really annoying.

One thing to keep in mind is that under direct sunlight, most LED and
LCD displays are pretty much unreadable. If you depend on being able
to read the displays of your effects, synths, etc., make sure you're
in some shade.

Good luck on the gig!

Dave Trenkel                                New and Improv Music
http://www.newandimprov.com         improv@peak.org
                 Now Available: Minus: Dark Lit
"This is music all-consuming in its beauty and power"
                                -Jake TenPas OSU Daily Barometer