RE: Lexicon Core 2

A few years ago, I had that EXACT problem with a Turtle Beach Project
Studio
card (their top of the line card at the time - it was $450!). It's a really
sad story. Ordered the card off the web, tech support strung me along for
about 45 days, and I even swapped out another card like it, but to no
avail.
Finally, tech support (wanting to be rid of me no doubt), started asking me
about my system. Turned out that their card doesn't run on Super Micro dual
processor motherboards. There was nothing about this in the manual, or on
the web site. And in all those 45 days, they never asked me those
questions - it didn't come up until it was too late to return the card.
They
didn't want to take the card back either, and neither did the vendor. So,
guess who got stuck?

Ouch. My own perception - given the conversations I had with them and my
earnest pleas with them to help me find a solution - was that the situation
developed the way it did on purpose. They were never really very concerned
about helping me get the card up and running.

For those of you who may not know, Turtle Beach was originally started by,
and run by, musicians who really cared about what they were doing. They
made
great products! My first Turtle Beach card was a MultiSound - I still love
that card even today although there are no drivers available for it
anymore.
Unfortunately, they're a real 'business' now too and they're run by some
guy
whose focus is TOTALLY on the bottom line. All they care about now is
moving
cards, and customers be damned. Obviously, I no longer recommend Turtle
Beach products to folks who may be in the market for a sound card.

Of course, this is just my experience and YMMV (and likely will). They're
still in business after all.

I guess the moral of that story is 'buyer beware.' Protect yourself, to the
extent that you can. I say: if it don't work, give it back to the clerk!

Sorry I digressed into a rant. :-) I guess I am still angry over that whole
situation. Nobody likes to be forcibly bent over and pummeled. Your email
just reminded me of it.

As for your situation, Mike, I would suggest immediately trying a second
card - either from the store where you bought it or direct from Lexicon. If
you purchased within the last 30 days, you should still have refund
privileges. If the second card is the same as the first, you may be fairly
certain that the problem is not with the card, but with some
incompatibility
between the card and your system. In which case you should, post haste,
seek
to obtain a refund and then buy another card.

Good luck!
Kevin