Re: Sustaining Device

I agree with Matthias.  The DF-2 pedal is a joke, not worthy of the name
feedbacker.  It simply freezes a sample tone which is totally static.
Sustain and feedback are interesting precisely because of the subtle
animated harmonics involved; this pedal produces what sounds like a cheezy
synthesizer with a key taped down.  One of the singular failures in the
Boss
pedal line.

David Lee Myers
http://www.pulsewidth.com
"Ourobouros" CD of new Feedback Music available now on Pulsewidth!
In NYC at Downtown Music, Kim's Mondo, Kim's West, and Other Music, and
through Forced Exposure, Anomalous, Wayside, CDeMusic/Electronic Music
Foundation, Deep Listening Catalog, Crouton Music, Recommended (UK),
Staalplaat (Netherlands), and Metamkine (France).