Re: the electrix repeater

sine@zerocrossing.net writes:

>My guess is that they have not been honest from the start.
methinks that yer guess is off-the-mark.

>I saw what seemed
>to me to be a fully functional unit at Bananna's At Large in San Rafael,
>CA.  I
>was there for a very long time and the unit did not crash or malfunction
>once.
the potential depth of features was not covered, in those demos: 'tis most
probable that you only heard the basics employed.

>Does perfection exist?  No.  So what's the real story?  Who knows, but
>Electrix isn't saying.
i know..... or, at least i *think* i do. they want the unit to be as fully
functional ---as regards the release spec. in the 'manual'--- as possible.
it's really close: painfully close, for themall.

>Maybe they're still trying to get that power supply right.
i don't think so.

> I think it's funny that they used to post to the list almost every day,
>and
>now they are amazingly quiet.
quiet, because they probably couldn't continue to keep up with the myriad
'probing queries', esp. re: schedule.
they sure appear to be trying **really, really hard** to get this first
release 'right';
maybe they should never have shown the box that early on.....

anyways:
don't most folks here have at least one looper, awready?
w/music technology, i've -personally- found it to be a grievous
(psychological) error to base the direction/quantity of present & future
output upon products that are still TBR.
(like: 'i'm not gonna write a blahblahblah-kinda piece, until Apple puts
out
a triple-1.27 gHz machine', etc etc.....)
i've found that my 'consumer-in-abeyance' attitude -when it becomes
dominant-
usually delays insight/exploration of *whatever* tools i have at hand.....

that, of course, doesn't mean i stop looking *forward* to/saving dosh for
those products --- i just don't wanna let my desire to move forward become
'blocked' by what is ---functionally--- my deep consumerism, oft run
amuck.....

(thisall from a guy who just waited a few months for a really crazy new
instrument.....)

just some thawts.
looking forward to a fully-functional repeater's imminent arrival!
aw, shucks,
dt / s-c