Re: First Looper Reminiscence

... memory lane ... 1970 or 71, Milan musical instruments fair, with a
friend, sat at a piano and started looping, four hands and two voices. When
they dragged us away we went on looping with our voices using as source the
(rather unkind) sentences the stand attendants were addressing to us...
In the same years with one of the bands I was playing with we did a lot of
live acoustic looping (violin, guitars, mandolin, percussions, flute,
clarinet, oboe, harmonium, ethnic reeds and strings...)
I still have several cassettes of it, more hiss than sound left on them. I
wish I could recover some of that stuff. Has anybody had any experience in
digitising and "cleaning-up" old recordings from tape? Any suggestions
regarding a good software (Mac) for the purpose?

Roberto

Roberto Battista
http://www.robat.scl.net
http://www.robat.scl.net/lectures/index.shtm
Tel. 0044 020 8449 1995
Mobile 0775 960 4344
http://www.rustyrobot.com
independent on-line music distribution,
the music you can't find elsewhere,
hybrid, eclectic, world, looped, unusual...
http://www.robat.scl.net/html/tibet/tibet.shtm
an exciting project on technology applied to
mobile education for developing countries and
remote locations...