Re: Computer Based Looping Software + PHILLY GIG SPAM_ALERT

Perhaps u might wanna ck out REASON as it is sorta like rebirth (made by
the
same people, propellerhead) but with tons more sounds, better samples
(IMHO)
and decent MIDI integration as well as a quasi programmable synth engine
tone
(bass tones and more ) which goes from analog to FM sounding without any
of
the programming-editor hassles you may think of as being associated with
FM
tone generation in the past.

You can use pre-set looped beats or make your own wicked stuff up ( plus
you
have a really wide parameter of control over each drum tone u choose to
use).

But REASON lets us get odd timed beats or 4/4 on the floor stuff all with
wide variety of drum kits and special f/x samples which are all tied
together
by an included SW mixer with aux sends ( reverb and Delay ) which is
making
REASON the main component of any dance floor or more electronic and beat
and
or synth tone generated material we are doing at present.

You can also have a groove box and quickly exploit its potential but we
think
you will get way more flexibility in terms of what you can do beyond using
preset patterns and it all integrates within REASON very well and more so
than what you get with standalone gear with a minimal learning curve.

BUt Check out some of the tones we have found using REASON at our mp3.com
page: http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/206/akashmusiccom.html
( shameless plugging perhaps, but we make our own beats and came up with
the
following results using REASON)

See specifically these songs:
Interacial Sauna
Amniotic Submission
Daydream Dream Patterns
A Melancholy Fluid
Just Like a M.F.
A good Date

We also still use fruity loops too.

but we find REASON gets the job done faster ( not necessarily better say
in
terms of quality, but its a faster working process with what we get from
reason and the reults are tweakable in so many ways without having to
switch
between 2 or 3 apps at once and we get the benefit of having a wider
selection of tones).

But also ck out these Tunes that were done using Fruity Loops:
In the name of Passion Flowers
The premise of a sitting stool
ropeburn
This jealous dragon's daydream
Welcome back home
glory holes forever

AKASH used to Use Rebirth but we found it a just little too narrow to say
all
we need to say.

But ck out the song "Kali's Theme" & hopefully it says all it needs to say
as
it was done using rebirth :)

NOW FOR THE GIG SPAM:

AKASH @  BTS SEP. 29th ALL NITE LONG (9-30pm-3am)
Attention all you dirty lil' space freaks out there...

AKASH is now the House band for BTS ( Behind The Scenes
www.phillyfetish.com-see website for location and details on
admittance-meberships-entry, etc: call, 215 438 1946)

Join us as AKASH renders a beautiful noise which fills the natural sound
of
the dungeon as we celebrate a micheievous and switachable Perspective of
Surrender, Ambient Texture & Display a "Romantic Exhibitonism" like no
other.

This time "Loralai" takes on the role of a school girl who has misbehaved
while studying in her bedroom with her friend "Iris Senseless".

Their kinky Dom, "Master Ray", discovers our two heroines engaged in an
"oral" debate without his permission.

Loralai and Iris Senseless are subsequently subjected to a wicked and
delicious punishment fit for only the naughtiest lil' submissives and
taken
with the greatest amounts of enthusiasm imaginable.

*Also this performance marks the return of original AKASH Drummer Chuck D.
(
not the guy from P.E. but the legendary Philly drummer from SUGARSMACK
DADDY
to Phil-Delphonic Jams)

So if you are in the area and or perhaps into or curious about the BDSM
lifestyle, this Saturday nite promises to be a not to miss affair.

Warm Regards,
John Price/AKASH
"Remember To Always Kill Your Expectations"
www.akashmusic.com