Re: the perils of live looping (addition question)

I usually find that if you can make a brief description of what you're
going to do before you start playing, it will set the audience at ease.
I find a lot of people are suspicious of the music being "canned."
Prerecorded.  Showing them it's all happening live (except for my drum
machine, if I'm using it) seems to put them at ease.  Not "cheated" as I
suspect they often feel when confronted with new technology.  "Oh, the
computer's doing that."  I've also taken mics and microcassette
recorders and recorded audience sounds, utterances and put them in the
loop as well.  That also seems to help.  I, for one, love to do open mic
nights.  It's a great way to shake things up.  The weirder the better.
It's not like a paying gig where there are expectations, so let go and
have fun!

Mark Sottilaro