Re: "music-talk"

Michael K.,

In a message dated 3/13/02 4:05:37 PM, Nemoguitt@aol.com writes:

>when the "who" did this i cried because i just knew if i had something
>other
>than a STELLA the universe would be a better place.....ted, i gots to
>listen
>to your cd a few more times before i say more than "if you dont play
>guitar,
>you will blow up!".....

Before every lover of vintage instruments on the list starts thinking
I'm some horrible, monstrous idiot. I must say that I am not quite the
anarchist I once was. I could not bring myself do that sort of thing now.

It was sort of a "self-test" of my own commitment to doing what
I do . . . that made me do it originally. To destroy an instrument and
deliberately drive away a good part of a paying audience is something
I see as pretty stoopid now.

Actually I wish that I still had that old Martin. It's not an act that I
would recommend to anybody now. It was just a funny story that
the pervious writer's "Honey I Wrecked the Stradivarius Water
Skiing" reminded me of.

Best,

Ted