Re: Is Electrix out of business?

The signs don't seem encouraging do they?

Electrix is really IVL, based in Victoria, BC.  My brothers and a few
friends did some beta testing for them a few years back.

I was at their plant when they were just developing the Elextrix line, in
fact the working name at the time was 'groove station...or...somethin' or
other ...can't remember.  I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement (hope
I'm
not breaking it now) and was only shown artist renderings of the housings.

The units themselves were still in R&D stage, so it was more talk than
listen to an actual effects unit. We had a demonstration of some circuit
boards, wires and alligator clips that created some some sort of
discernable
processing - I think it was the genesis of MoEFX.  There was no mention of
anything resembling the Repeater at the time - spring1998.

Last I spoke with them was just before the Repeater came out. I was trying
to score one to use on my album, but they told me that The Edge was
waiting
for his and I'd have to wait....I'm still waiting!  I had my suspicions
there was trouble when they deep-sixed the other units that proceeded the
Repeater.  Well, ...they took me out for dinner and beers at least.

But..that's all I know (for what it's worth).  I'll see what I can find
out.

Terry O'Brien
www.anomalousdisturbances.com