August Bay Area EDP Clinics/Lessons?

Hello list,

I'm going to be gigging in San Francisco on Thursday, August 22, and
wanted to propose a couple of possibilities as far as potential EDP (and
looping in general) style meetings around that time:

1) I thought it would be cool to try and arrange a sort of open session
at Kim Flint's place in Oakland for the weekend of the 24th.  The idea,
to me, would be that people could stop in and ask questions, demonstrate
things they've been working on, and generally work on the EDP in a group
forum.  It might be similar in some ways to the LoopIV party, but my
main interest would be in having it set up like a hands-on Q and A
session, and I'd like to see people spending time actually working EDP's
and trying out different approaches to questions or issues they may have.

I've just gotten confirmation of an EDP clinic here in LA (of all
places) for Sunday, August 25.  So if this sort of thing is to be done
in the Bay Area, it would need to happen on Saturday the 24, fairly
early in the afternoon, to give us enough time to do a comprehensive
session and then let me get back to LA in time for my thing here the
next day.

What I'd like to suggest, then, would be something at Kim's, from 1:00
PM to 4:00 or so, or whenever people get utterly bored with things.  If
this will work for people, please drop a line to give some indication of
how many folks we should plan for.

If there's sufficient interest, I'd be up for doing something in Santa
Cruz as well; given the way the schedule is currently unfolding, I think
the best day/time to do that would be Friday evening, or else have it
earlier in the week.  If SC people are interested in this, let me know.

In all cases, I'd like to treat these as open sessions for anyone who's
interested - I don't think it needs to be an "EDP-only" club meeting.

2) The other possibility I had in mind was the idea of private
one-on-one lessons with anyone who might be so inclined.  Given my
schedule for that week, this would have to happen sometime earlier on in
the week, prior to the evening of the 22nd (although Friday the 23rd may
end up being a possibility as well).  Pretty much anywhere in the
general Bay Area down to Santa Cruz or Silicon Valley would be fair game
for me, potentially.

I could figure out a rate based on driving distance from wherever I may
be stationed at that time, as well as the proposed amount of time a
person would like to spend in a lesson.  So if anyone's interested in
this, please get back to me ASAP, so I can start trying to figure out
how to pull this off.

Thanks,

--Andre LaFosse
The Echoplex Analysis Pages: