Re: synchronizing 2 edps' to external clock

At 06:35 PM 7/30/2002, David Kirkdorffer wrote:
>Yes - I saw the blinking lights (!)
>
>I'm going to have to reset both machines and start from scratch I guess.
>
>Question.  What should I set first:
>
>     1) edp brother/sync.
>     or
>     2) Slave to external

are you trying to run these as a stereo pair with midi clock in?

then set it up like this:
- connect the TRS cable between the BrotherSync jacks of each unit
- Connect midi out of clock source to midi in of master EDP
- Connect midi out of master EDP to midi in of slave EDP
- set Sync parameter to In

I guess you are still using LoopIII. (your LoopIV is in the mail.) Sync is
easier with LoopIV, you might want to just jump right into that when you
get it.

kim